Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Do you know any vegans with any types of cancer or heart disease


Do you know any vegans with any types of cancer or heart disease?
One of the main reasons I became vegan was because of the book "The China Study," and because of my family's terrible history of heart disease. Our livers just make too much cholesterol on their own, etc. etc. I have scrawny 10 year old cousins with astronomical cholesterol etc..... So I just was curious if anyone out there knew pretty strict vegans who were unlucky enough to "still" get cancer and/or heart disease that would cause heart attacks, angina, etc. Thanks!!! Been vegan 95% of the time since Nov 06 and I love it! I'm Punjabi, which helps, because the ability to eat really spicy Punjabi, Indian, Pakistani, and Thai food makes you never ever ever miss all that meat, dairy, etc.! I love it and feel great!
Vegetarian & Vegan - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
NO!
2 :
NO WAY! I don't know any vegan with any type of cancer or heart disease. I'm a proud vegan too. Poor cows, pigs, chickens, foxes, etc. Hopefully the world will change someday!
3 :
yes
4 :
I know a vegan who died of cancer, but he got the cancer first.
5 :
I'm a vegan, and all of my family members are vegans. Everyones healthy. P.s. I've been a vegan since I was four years old (my decision) and I love it too! I just feel healthy.
6 :
I woudln't say I have heart disease, but I do have high cholesterol due to family history. I'd hate to imagine what it would be if I weren't vegan



 Read more discussions :