Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How many people suffer from heart disease in america


How many people suffer from heart disease in america?
I have to do a report in school and I do not have all of the information I need. Please help me.
Heart Diseases - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
current statistics not available, but i may be able to quote the previous http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4478
2 :
Heart disease is a broad term, which could be related to congenital heart conditions, blockages in the arteries (ischemic heart disease), abnormalities in heart valves, arrhythmias, etc. Ischemic heart disease is the most common cause of heart disease. I am not sure if you want information on all heart disease or just this. I will try to help though. Ischemic heart disease can also be referred to as coronary artery disease, angina and heart attacks. People can have heart disease and not have symptoms also. According to the American Heart Association, the prevalence of ischemic heart disease (angina, heart attack or other) is 17,600,000. There is other useful statistics if you need it on their website and I will leave the link. Good luck on your report. http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4591



 Read more discussions :